Texas Rush is the only club in the Greater Houston area that provides the opportunity for competitive players, both boys and girls, to play at the highest ability level in the United States. The Rush approach to competitive soccer is to teach skillful, possession oriented attacking soccer. Players are developed through a proven curriculum renowned for developing excellence, and as players progress, they can constantly be put into new situations to improve their development if that is what the player desires. For competitive players their goals include playing at the highest level within the club , ODP state teams, regional teams, national teams, college teams and professional teams. For our club, we want to push our players to “the next level”. This “next level” may be different for every player.
The Head Coach is responsible for the complete cycle of player development: Plan, Perform and Evaluate. The Head Coach is also supported by a Director of Coaching who is familiar with every team in their area, ensuring every player’s development is being planned and evaluated by at least two professional coaches in unification with The Rush Way. The term “trainer” does not exist in our organization nor do we allow unqualified parents to make technical soccer related decisions. Parents provide administrative support only.
- Open to dedicated and committed U11 to U18 girls and boys
- Multiple teams in each age group with multiple league levels of play for players of all abilities
- Players placed on teams by ability and commitment
- Time Commitment: Fall season (August-December) and Spring season (January-June)
- Team Training 2-3 times per week plus additional opportunities
- All teams coached by professionally licensed coaches (not trainers or parents)
- Player Placement is held each Summer: U11-U13 in May and U14-U18 in June (Players can join a competitive team any time after teams are established by completing two evaluation sessions with a team.)
- Scholarships available
- Click here for the Competitive Program Rules
Olympic Development Program
The US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program was formed in 1977 to identify a pool of players in each age group from which a National Team will be selected for international competition; to provide high-level training to benefit and enhance the development of players at all levels; and, through the use of carefully selected and licensed coaches, develop a mechanism for the exchange of ideas and curriculum to improve all levels of coaching. Click for more information.