Immediate Release – The Woodlands, TX
May 12, 2015
Texas Rush Members:
The Texas Rush Soccer Club is involved in forming a new league organization called the UNITED SOCCER CLUBS (USC). Eleven major clubs from the Houston and four clubs from the Austin and San Antonio areas have joined forces to create the United Soccer Clubs. These clubs will now be able to determine the direction and the rules that govern the league thus providing a better developmental experience for all soccer players. In the past, the governing bodies have somewhat stifled the ability of the clubs to develop the game in the correct manner. This change is long overdue.
The Board of the United Soccer Clubs will be comprised of seven Directors of Coaching (DOC), one of which is Stuart Fitzsimons the DOC – Competitive from the Texas Rush Soccer Club. This board will lead and direct the USC moving forward. The USC will be contracting EDDOA for the purpose of scheduling and administrative responsibilities. The USC will be directing and establishing standards that EDDOA will be responsible to follow. Previously we have not been able to have this autonomy, which has made it very difficult for the clubs to have any input into the development of youth soccer in South Texas. By the creation of the USC, league members will now see the following improvements:
- Providing schedules for the year and with a timely notification of changes
- EDDOA will be held accountable by the USC to meet deadlines and rules
- Improved refereeing standards
- Coaching coverage of games for clubs
- Field Improvements
- Rules of play that are applicable and appropriate to competitive soccer not to recreational soccer
- Player Development improvements
Costs for the new league will be comparable to what has been in place this past year. There may be a slight increase in the game fees with the goal of improving the standards of refereeing.
For the U11-U18/19 age groups there will be a league for all levels of play. Below are the levels of play in the USC organization:
Previous League Structure / New USC League Structure:
– Division 2 becomes USC League 2
– Super 2 becomes USC League 1
– Division 1 U11-13 Qualifying becomes the USC Qualifying
– Division 1 Competitive becomes the USC Championship
– Division 1 Classic becomes the USC Premier
– Division 1 State Classic League becomes the USC Champions League
Texas Rush Soccer Club has been at the forefront of developing the game in the Greater Houston area since 2005. They have lead the way in developing the Player Development Friendlies (PDF Houston) for the U8-U10 age groups and pushing for the 8v8 format at U11 and U12. Being a part of creating the USC is a natural progression of the club’s vision pertaining to player and team development. We look forward to sharing this vision with you this fall season.
Questions: Please contact Stuart Fitzsimons, Director of Coaching – Competitive at firstname.lastname@example.org