The Texas Rush Soccer Club is proud to provide a number of programs outside the normal realm of training, competition, and soccer related activities. One of these programs is the College Advisory Program, or C.A.P.
Texas Rush is renowned internationally and domestically pertaining to the development of both female and male soccer players and the educational guidance they provide their players in the college recruiting process. The individual support and consistent guidance we provide our student-athletes throughout this process is second to none. College recruitment and the entire eligibility process from grade 9-12 is becoming harder to navigate for any student-athlete and their family. Each student-athlete is completely unique and has a wide array of different goals and expectations. The Texas Rush staff recognizes these facts and can help provide a concrete roadmap, which has a well-balanced lifestyle of academics and soccer choices at the collegiate level (NCAA Division I, II, III / NAIA / NJCAA).
The Rush College Advisory Program (C.A.P.) was started in 2006 and the club is extremely proud that they have placed over 100+ student-athletes in collegiate soccer across the nation. The networking contacts that the current Rush staff extend to all geographic areas in the country throughout all levels of collegiate soccer. The reputation of Rush Soccer amongst the collegiate coaching staff is very well respected and trusted. We continually provide honest, open and realistic communication to the student-athlete and the college coach in terms of a player’s ability level and character.
Rush coaches are well educated in the recruiting process including all NCAA / NAIA / NJCAA rules, regulations, and restrictions. Our staff continues to be committed to assisting all of our student- athletes in finding a pathway to college and furthering their academic and athletic dreams.
The program is set up to serve the college bound player in a number of different areas. Starting with the freshmen year of high school and continuing through their senior year, this program provides guidance in areas such as:
- College Preparation
- Admissions Counseling
- College Research Assistance
- Information on both academic and athletic endeavors
- NCAA / NAIA / NJCAA College Athletics
- College Contact Preparation
- ACT / SAT Guide
- Personal 1 vs.1 mentoring / support from the coaching staff
- Q & A for student-athletes and parents
- College test prep assistance
- Guest college seminars and training sessions
- Individual electronic tracking of all student-athletes progress
- Personal seminars are offered to 300 + student-athletes and parents per year
- 100 + players have gone onto college since 2006 (arrival of Texas Rush)
- 1 vs. 1 mentoring / support from the coaching staff
- Current and former NCAA / NAIA colleges coaches on staff
- Players placed with a scholarship on NCAA Div. I, II, III / NAIA / NJCAA rosters
Tournaments / Showcases:
The Texas Rush will continue to commit in sending the correct age appropriate teams (U15+) to a wide array of respected tournaments / college showcases throughout the year based upon comparable competition levels. By providing multiple opportunities to be seen by college coaches will only enhance the chances of getting onto a collegiate roster and being recruited. The following list below is currently being used as a template of the club’s tournament choices: